The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch Processing: Range Variables
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

BryanK

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  5:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 9
Operating System: Windows 7
I am creating a template for Batch Import in Origin 9. I have everything working until my workbook's second tab, used as a results tab.
My range variables don't change with the batch file names and I therefore have several null-value columns in the results tab. If I have six results columns, each pointing to a different column in Sheet1 of the same workbook, how do I optimise range r1 = (data sheet)!#; for Batch Processing? Right now, the template's old file name "sticks" to r1.

Thank you for any thoughts you might have!

Bryan

PS - It seems the summary sheet after batch processing is complete, displays null values for every spot except file name. Four of these columns for each file, should be linked to cells (Results tab) where I have successfully pasted links to slope-calculation cells. (The other six are null because of my above question). Do you have any thoughts on this?

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  10:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Bryan,

Please try to use Sheet index instead of Sheet Shortname in the Before Formula Scripts, you can declare the range r1 in this way:
range r1=1!A;  // represents Sheet1_Col(A)

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service

Edited by - jasonzhao on 07/24/2014 10:50:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

BryanK

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2014 :  5:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Jason! That worked exactly how I wanted it to - it even allowed the batch processing summary sheet to take the values. Thus, it eliminated my second problem too. I just have to make some minor adjustments to figure out why my "pasted links" from the template retain their original values instead of the new files' data.

Toney. This is awkward but I'm already friends with Matt, Brett, and Chris. I unfortunately can't take on any more friends right now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000