The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 RMS for transient voltage and current
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

koartem81

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2014 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello there!

I have obtained some measurements for SINUSOIDAL signals of curren and voltage (f=50 Hz, Urms~230 V). Time perion is 5 seconds, time step 5e-6 seconds.

Please, How can I get now in Origin Pro 9.0 easy a diagramm of Root mean square (RMS) for TRANSIENT SINUSOIDAL signals of curren and voltage?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Artem

Origin Pro 9.0
Operating System: windows 7

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2014 :  11:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

We have rms() function to calculate RMS value of a column.
What is the relationship between the sinusoidal signal and the transient sinusoidal signal you want? A transfer function maybe?

In a word, once you have your transient sinusoidal signal column, you can directly calculate it's rms by, for example, rms(col(B)).

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

koartem81

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2014 :  05:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have to calculate RMS value of a transient voltage signal step by step (about 50 values per unit in the column), but not of a whole column. The coloumn has about 5000000 values. I have to show these RMS values like a diagramm (like a RMS value of voltage diagramm).

How can I do it in Origin?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

We have rms() function to calculate RMS value of a column.
What is the relationship between the sinusoidal signal and the transient sinusoidal signal you want? A transfer function maybe?

In a word, once you have your transient sinusoidal signal column, you can directly calculate it's rms by, for example, rms(col(B)).

Zheng
OriginLab
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2014 :  10:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I'm afraid some simple script is needed.
What do you mean "about 50 values per unit in the column"? The length is not fixed?
It will be helpful if you can send us the opj.

Zheng
OriginLab

Edited by - lkb0221 on 07/18/2014 10:21:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

koartem81

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2014 :  11:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

the length could be fixed or not. It is important, then I consider the chandes of RMS if the voltage go higher or lower.

Could you send me your e-mail? Then I will send you the opj with an example.

Thank you very much!

quote:
Originally posted by lkb0221

Hi,

I'm afraid some simple script is needed.
What do you mean "about 50 values per unit in the column"? The length is not fixed?
It will be helpful if you can send us the opj.

Zheng
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 07/21/2014 :  06:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You could follow the instructions below to send your file.
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752

quote:
Originally posted by koartem81

Hi,

the length could be fixed or not. It is important, then I consider the chandes of RMS if the voltage go higher or lower.

Thank you very much!

Go to Top of Page

koartem81

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  07:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I have not FTP, it is a little bit difficult for me and the file is 1,5 MB. Could you send me your contact e-mail to koartem@web.de ?

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Echo_Chu

Hi,

quote:

Hi,

Thank you very much!

Go to Top of Page

koartem81

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  07:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Echo_Chu,

you can try to download the file in

http://originlab.com/FileExchange/index.aspx?C=1&CID=20

RMS Data

The red line is what I want to have.

quote:

Hi,

I have not FTP, it is a little bit difficult for me and the file is 1,5 MB. Could you send me your contact e-mail to koartem@web.de ?

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Echo_Chu

Hi,

quote:

Hi,

Thank you very much!

Go to Top of Page

Sam Fang

291 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  02:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your data file.

In Origin 91, it is very easy, you can use the formula in Set Column Values dialog.

rms(col(A)[(i-1)*50+1:i*50])

Before Formula Scripts:

wks.col2.nrows=int((wks.col1.nrows-1)/50)+1;

In Origin 9.0, you have to use script to loop. You can run following script in Script Window or Set Column Values dialog's Before Formula Scripts box:

wks.ncols=3;
wks.col2.type=4;
int np=50;
int ii;
for( ii=1; (ii-1)*np<wks.col1.nrows; ii++)
{
int m,n;
m=(ii-1)*np+1;
n=(m+np-1>wks.col1.nrows)?wks.col1.nrows:(m+np-1);
col(2)[ii]=5e-6*((m+n)/2.0-1);
range r1=col(A)[$(m):$(n)];
col(3)[ii]=rms(r1);
}
wks.col2.nrows=ii-1;
wks.col3.nrows=ii-1;

We should improve Origin's Reduce by Group tool to support rms results.

Thanks.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - Sam Fang on 07/28/2014 03:06:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

koartem81

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  12:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately I can not use your script to loop in Origin 9.0. I have an error. Could you send me my file with the calculated RMS diagramm and with the script for Origin 9.0 as an example back? My e-mail: koartem@web.de

Thank you very much!

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Fang

Thanks for your data file.

In Origin 91, it is very easy, you can use the formula in Set Column Values dialog.

rms(col(A)[(i-1)*50+1:i*50])

Before Formula Scripts:

wks.col2.nrows=int((wks.col1.nrows-1)/50)+1;

In Origin 9.0, you have to use script to loop. You can run following script in Script Window or Set Column Values dialog's Before Formula Scripts box:

wks.ncols=3;
wks.col2.type=4;
int np=50;
for( int ii=1; (ii-1)*np<wks.col1.nrows; ii++)
{
int m,n;
m=(ii-1)*np+1;
n=(m+np-1>wks.col1.nrows)?wks.col1.nrows:(m+np-1);
col(2)[ii]=5e-6*((m+n)/2.0-1);
col(3)[ii]=rms(col(A)[$(m):$(n)]);
}
wks.col2.nrows=ii-1;
wks.col3.nrows=ii-1;

We should improve Origin's Reduce by Group tool to support rms results.

Thanks.

Sam

Go to Top of Page

Sam Fang

291 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  03:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I sent the result for 90 to your email. I also corrected my script in the forum.

Thanks.
Sam

Sam
Go to Top of Page

koartem81

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  09:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello sam,

I have got your file. Now it works.

Thank you very much!

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Fang

I sent the result for 90 to your email. I also corrected my script in the forum.

Thanks.
Sam

Sam

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000