The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin file version interoperability
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

krlasski

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6, 9.0, 9.1
Operating System: Win 7

Hello,

at our institute there are Origin installations of slightly different versions around, namely 8.6, 9.0 and 9.1. At first glance (at least), the general appearance and data management structure of these versions looks to me similar enough that I assume interoperability of files produced with these different version in both directions (i. e. not only reading an 8.6 file with 9.0, but also vice versa).

Therefore I would like to address the following questions to an OriginLab representative: Is this assumption valid? Does Origin somehow mark the files with the version number it was created with? Are there any known or suspected problems I have to expect?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Kristian Lass

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  3:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Open old files in later version Origin will never be a problem, obviously.

Project created in later version can also be opened in older ones, but notices that new features used in the files will not be shown/autoupdating/usable.
For example, open a OpenGL 3D surface plot in 8.6 Origin, it will be a blank graph window.

Please see the following page for key features of each version:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin&PID=1029

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000