The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin graph autoscaleissue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.1
Operating System: Windows 7

I have a problem -- although am not sure if it's a problem or a default origin feature:

Every time I add a set of data to an existing plot, the plot will re-scale itself. Is there a way to stop it doing that? I am doing the following:
1. I 1st create a plot with one set of X-Y data (line or scatter plot say). Then I change the scale settings to my liking.
2. Next, I am adding a second set of data in a separate worksheet/workbook/ same worksheet but different Y or X-Y column(s) using Graph --> Add plot to layer --> and then the options therein (line, scatter etc.).

Every time I do the second step, the plot will re-scale itself to the whole range which I DO NOT WANT. Is there a way to make the scales "locked" so that it does not re-scales itself every-time a new data set is added to the plot?

Also, at present any newly added dataset will have the default black color and 0.5 width. I would like to have them appear in different colors atleast. Now I know how to change the line-template and save that in the user folder so that next time the newly saved customized template will be used. But then i have to do it separately for all the options: line plot, scatter plot, line+scatter plot etc....I guess there may be a easier way to change all these templates together -- any easy way to accomplish that?
Thanks in advance.

AB

Edited by - a.abc.b35 on 08/04/2014 10:50:28 AM

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  11:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please set the axis rescale mode to Manual (in Axis Dialog).
Or, use drag&drop to add new data plot into the graph.

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  11:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When adding new plot to an existing graph, the new plot and existing plot are not grouped together so they are not distinguished with different colors.

After adding plots to existing graph, you can double click the layer1 icon to open Layer Contents. Select all plots on the right panel to group them together. Then each plot will show a different color.

This video talks about different ways to add plot which will be helpful for you
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=1207

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  5:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
excellent...many thanks to both of you.

AB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000