The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Changed to Origin9 from Origin8.5 - frustration!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

iphark

12 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  10:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I used Origin 8.5 and was more or less satisfied (i mean, one cannot do simple calculations as plus, minus, division... I just don't understand why...). Now I switched to Origin 9.1 or something and I'm utterly frustrated...

In Origin 8.5 one could simply right click a diagram, select "setup diagram", select another worksheet and then select which other graph one wanted to add. Now I'm not talking about having two graphs next to each other, but on top of each other. When clicking setup diagram now I get a totally different menu.

I figured I need to use layer contents now but for the life of me im not able to do it properly. It ALWAYS messes up my graph. It just does not work anymore.

So could someone guide me step by step and show me how to create several graphs on top of each other? Just to make clear what I want here's an example:
http://i49.tinypic.com/rk1umf.jpg

Thank you in advance!

iphark

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  11:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi ipark,

Doing calculation is Origin is easy. Do you want to do it in worksheet or graph?

If in worksheet, you can use Set Column Values dialog. E.g. you can watch this video
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=1556

And in 9.1, we added a row called F(x).
E.g. if you want to calcualte col(B) + col(C). You can add a new column E. Then in the F(x) cell of column E, enter col(B)+col(C)

You can also use Analysis: Mathematics: Simple Math in worksheet or Graph to do simple math on two columns or curves (X info. will be considered too).

Both Setup Diagram and Layer Contents tool can be used to add new data into graph. Maybe in 8.5, double click layer1 icon opens Setup Diagram by default while in 9.1, it opens Layer Contents dialog by default.

You can change the default behavior by right click Layer 1 icon and check "Double click to open Plot Setup".

You can watch this video about how to add/remove/reorder plots.
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=1207

Let me know if this helps and if you would like to have some TS help you further.

Sincerely,
Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page

iphark

12 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  3:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you so much!!

Stuff like that always drives me near crazy, I'm really grateful you were able to help me out!

Have a great evening!!!
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  3:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are very welcome.

I actually asked our distributor to followup with you in case you still have trouble. Great to know I helped.

Feel free to post on forum.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000