The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Splitting large rows of data via cell value
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MSchmid

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2014 :  08:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release:
OriginPro 9.1.0 G
Operating System:
Windows 7

Hello,
I am running cyclovoltammetric measurements that result in csv-files. After importing them into origin, I am left with three rows (time, voltage and current). Only the last two are important for me.
Each row consists of 125k data points. I have to perform several calculation steps and hope to have (in the end) a template for mass calculation, since each experiment gives me 20+ files.
So far, I managed to find the max. and min. values of my data stream, a repeated waveform with peaks. Now I have to seperate my data at this values and store each upward and downward part seperately.
However, I could not find a way in the help or here in the forum to assist me with it, except some tedious manual labor.

Now, what do I want to do?
As said, I have found the current values of the min and max points via peak analysis. I want to find the corresponding cells and cut the data between each min and max and copy it to a new row or data sheet (preferably all into the same sheet).
Since the number of cells between the min and max is always a little different, I can't use the split worksheet command. Does anyone know a way to do it instead, preferably so it can be combined with other calculations for a automated template?

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2014 :  09:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I'm afraid this might have to be script involved.
Would you mind sending your data to us (tech@originlab.com) so we can help you further?

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

MSchmid

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2014 :  09:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, of course not. I'll sent it right away.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000