The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Linking 2 Y Axis Using a Dataset
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

guguma

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2014 :  7:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 9.0.0 SR 2
Operating System: Windows 8.1

I am trying to plot a dataset where one X value corresponds to 2 Y values. The 2 Y values have a relation between them but the relation is too complex to describe with a function (their relation is determined from another fit)

What I am trying to achieve is to show only "1 Plot" on the graph such that each point points to the correct X value and the correct Y values to the left and right.

Say my values are as follows

X Y1 Y2

1 2 5
2 4 17
3 6 28
4 8 32
5 10 39

is there a way to tell origin to place ticks on Y2 such that they coincide with the ticks on Y1???

Thank You

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2014 :  03:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I assume you want to add a Y axis for plot, and display the ticks label follows another column.
You can double click the axis to open the axis dialog and show the right Axis in Title&Format tab,
then, Set Tick Labels as Dataset (such as Col(C)) in Tick Labels tab.

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service

Edited by - jasonzhao on 08/18/2014 03:02:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000