The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 formatting of fitting results table
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

menhart@ii

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  11:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
i have a silly little problem. by default, Origin pastes a results table to the graph after NLSF. Back in the good old days (O7 or earlier i think) this as implemented as a simple text box, which we could go in and edit easily. for instance i want to bold and color either the whole table or specific numbers

but now, in O9, it pastes this a a more complex object, a "table". i cannot seem to format this at all. i can open the table and color it in the table window... but when i return it to the graph, the color and other formatting is all gone... just lain black text

help! this is such a silly little thing it must be possible

this is very useful, for instance, if we fit a curve in multiple ways and want to visually link the parameter result values to specific fit curves, which are easily colorable.

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 09/02/2014 :  02:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

To customize the report able on graph, you can double click to open it in a worksheet, customize the format, click the Update Table button in the worksheet. The table on graph will be updated and the customization will be kept.

However, if you do want a simple text box, you can use the Quick Fit Gadget Tool, which will output the fitted result in a simple text box on graph. Please learn the video tutorial below for more details of Quick Fit Gadget

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&ss=chm&pid=1697
Go to Top of Page

menhart@ii

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  10:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ahhhh....update. i knew it had to be something simple, thx

with WSIWYG i had figured that when i changed the formayting on the table in the table window, it would translate to the table on the graph. not sure what the point of having two levels of formatting, one that applies only on the table if you open it in a new window, and one that applied all the way back to the graph - but simple enough once you know it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000