The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Accessing multiple datasets within one graph layer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lunchpack

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  10:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0SR1
Operating System:win7 x64

Hi all,

I'm plotting a bunch of data into 6 layers, each layers containing multiple datasets.
In the labtalk guide I found the way to access e.g. the 4th dataset in layer 2 is by defining a range:

range rr = 2!4;

Now I want to set width and line style for this dataset:

set rr -d 1;
set rr -w 1000;

However these properties are now applied to layer2/dataset1 (2!1). This is reproducible for all layers.

A simple loop using

doc -e D {set %c -d 1;} is also only working for the first dataset within each layer.

Why is that? Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
lunchpack

lunchpack

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  10:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, so I found the problem but no solution:

The problem is, that all different datasets within one layer originate from one and the same column of the same workbook (but different ranges: row 1 to 100, 101 to 200 and so on). Origin names the datasets by WORKBOOKNAME_COLUMNNAME only, so when I loop over all layers I get:

doc -e D {type %c;}
book1_a
book1_a
book1_a

Hence I cannot access the individual datasets. Any ideas to circumvent this problem?

Is there any possibility to give the dataset a name when using x-function plotxy?

plotxy iy:=(1,2) plot:=200 ogl:=[%h]1!;

is plotting a new dataset into layer 1. any chances to manually give that a unique name?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
lunchpack

Edited by - lunchpack on 09/03/2014 10:47:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Castiel

343 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  11:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lunchpack

Ok, so I found the problem but no solution:

The problem is, that all different datasets within one layer originate from one and the same column of the same workbook (but different ranges: row 1 to 100, 101 to 200 and so on). Origin names the datasets by WORKBOOKNAME_COLUMNNAME only, so when I loop over all layers I get:

doc -e D {type %c;}
book1_a
book1_a
book1_a

Hence I cannot access the individual datasets. Any ideas to circumvent this problem?

Is there any possibility to give the dataset a name when using x-function plotxy?

plotxy iy:=(1,2) plot:=200 ogl:=[%h]1!;

is plotting a new dataset into layer 1. any chances to manually give that a unique name?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
lunchpack

Have a try of Origin C?

妾+   午旦  妹罕妾  妾伊    用仇  妾/     岫ㄞ
 妾京用 仍巨  件 侈   件戶' 甘岫平   /欠  白岫妹
   併             艮          岫  奈 白   岫
                              岫
Go to Top of Page

lunchpack

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  11:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hm ok, haven't tried origin c because i have no experience in C...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000