The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Axis or Data? line needs removal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gap4z3

2 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  10:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
[code]Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1.0 sr2
Operating System:Win7

Hallo,

i am trying to make a plot of 8 datasets on a 3D waterfall. A line under each plot appears and i cannot tell whether it is the actual axis (axial color changes do not affect it) or something in the data that is plotted. I want to remove the line under each plot and let them hang without it.
Please let me know if this can be fixed and many thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  11:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg,

Just want to check if you choose Plot: 3D XYY: 3D Waterfallor you choose Plot: Multi-Curve: Waterfall to plot it .

The latter is actually a fake 3D graph. We would recommend using Plot: 3D XYY: 3D Waterfall.

About the line under each plot, do you mean the line on bottom plane? If so, it is the gridline. You can right click the Z axis line (the line on the right side) and choose Hide Grids to turn it off.
Or if you mean the drop lines on the 2 ends of each dataset, you can double click any plot to open Plot Details dialog. If you are using the fake 3d waterfall graph, go to Line tab to uncheck Fill Area under Curve.
If you are using the real 3D waterfall, go to Pattern tab and uncheck Show Sidelines.

For real 3D waterfall, it's very easy to rotate or skew then the fake one.

You can see this page to see all improvements we made in 3D OpenGL waterfall in 9.1.
http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=PRODUCTS/Origin/91/Waterfall

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.

Edited by - snowli on 09/05/2014 11:36:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

gap4z3

2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2014 :  5:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Snow,

i chose 3D XYY: 3D waterfall and everey signle plane has a bottom (axis-like) line which is not gridline as i have them all switched off in all planes. Drop lines are also all switched off. In the Pattern tab i cannot see any Show sidelines option.
The Plot details>Layer properties menu though is different in my installation than the one shown in your link. In mine there is no Lighting tab and the Planes does not have the same options.
Can i send/deposit my project and couple of screenshots of my menus somewhere for you to have a look?

Thanks for your help

Greg
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2014 :  09:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg,

Yes, please send files to tech@originlab.com and add attn: snow in email.

Or on Pattern tab in Plot Details, could you check if Show Baseline is checked?

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000