The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 calculations of particle diameters d(0.9)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ghirigori85

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  03:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi guys,
i need to elaborate data concerning particle size and size distribution.
in particular i need to calculate d(0.9): the particle diameter at 90 % of the undersized particle distribution curve.
do you know if it is possible with OriginPro8? and how?
in case of yes, i need also to calculate d(0.5), d(0.1) and the span.
thank you

ghirigori85

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro8 SR4 v8.0951 (B951)
Operating System: windows 7

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  05:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I think Weibull probability plot (supported since 9.0) is what you are looking for which can be applied to describe particle size distribution. In Weibull probability plot, the X axis corresponds to particle size and Y axis corresponds the probability.
Follow the tutorial below to make a Weibull probability plot:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Weibull-Probability-Plot
then you can use the output data to interpolate the value you want.

I am sorry but it is not supported in Origin 8.0.

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service

Go to Top of Page

ghirigori85

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Sean for the information.
i try using Plot, Hystogram + probabilities and then on the "cumulative counts" graph using the Line plot in some way i can get the information i was looking for (diameter in corrispondence of counts 90).

regards

ghirigori85
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000