The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Curve Fitting Boundaries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

threedaybuspass

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  12:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I am running OriginPro 8.5 on Windows 8 and I'm having the following problem:

I have created a user defined function for fitting stretched exponential fluorescence lifetimes y = y0 + A*exp(-(x/t)^B) and put in the bounds that 0 < B < 1, but as soon as I use this function to fit my data, the bounds are ignored and I get a B value that is above 1. Is there a fix for this?

Erin

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  4:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I could not verify this behavior in 8.5.0 SR1.

I created your function and simulated some data where y=13.6, A=24, t=0.24 and B=1.025 with 5% noise.

I then fit with your function with the bounds of B set as you indicated ( 0 < B < 1 ) from a starting point of y=10, A=50, t=1 and B=1.

After fitting, my values were y0=13.8, A=24.12939, t=.23128 and B=1
So the fitter refused to push the value of B higher than 1.

Removing the Bounds gave me values of y0=13.84644, A=.2407143, t=.23188 and B=1.10257 which are closer to the simulation values and acceptable given the noise.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000