The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 adjust Y scale for muti-curve
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

imoada

31 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  04:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 9.1.0 SR3 64bit.
Win7 Ultimate sp1

Hello

There were two column Y data. One was set up as (3, 4, 5, and 6), named Y1. The other one was built as (5, 6, 7, and 8), named Y2. Y1 and Y2 had the same x column as (1, 2, 3, and 4). In one same graph (line + symbol), layer1 was created for Y1, and layer2 for Y2. Layer2 was linked to Layer1, both X axis and Y axis. Ok, one problem appeared for me, I could not find an easy way (e.g. ctrl+R) to set up a suitable Y scale automatically for showing the both curves all in the graph. In other words, no matter which layer was activated, there was always a curve which could not to be showed all when using ctrl+R.
Is there a way I didn't find in origin help, or the only way is set up Y scale manually?
Thanks!

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  11:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

We have a built-in graph template for it.
You can highlight both Y data and choose Plot: Multi-Curve: Double Y.

The reason why you can't see both curves is that you linked layer2's Y axis to layer1's with Straight 1:1. So they will share the same Y axis range. When you Ctrl+R in one layer, the other one will be cut.

You can open Plot Details dialog. Go to Layer2. On Link Axes Scales tab. Choose None for Y Axis Link.

Thanks, Snow

Edited by - snowli on 09/29/2014 12:02:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

imoada

31 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  1:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Snowli

Thanks for your answer.

If I did as your recommendation, two curves derived form two Y columns overlapped completely in the graphy. It is not good for reading and analysing. Is there actually no way to set up uni-Y axis automatically by origin system which can be used to show two curves wholly and separately?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  2:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Now I see you want the two Y axis to share the same range to cover the min and max of all data.

Do you mind sending an email to tech@originlab.com, attn: Snow

We have made a special double-Y toolbox to deal with many double Y plot issues, such as rescale, align. We are planning to upload it to File Exchange tool soon. We can send it to you to use.

Thanks, Snow

Edited by - snowli on 09/29/2014 2:33:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

imoada

31 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2014 :  12:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank Snow. Have done as your advice.
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2014 :  12:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have replied your email with the attached tool and how to make it work.

Let me know if it works as you expected.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000