The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Text in EMF Export
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Thomas0812

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2014 :  10:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1.0 (64bit) sr3 (academic) [and 9.1.0G (32 bit) (home use)]

Hello everybody,

I have already used the search function of the forum and google, but nothing I have foung had solved my problems.

I am working with origin at a remote desktop. Today our admin performed an update to version 9.1.0 (64bit) sr3 (academic). Afterwards I have got problems with the emf export.
When I export a graph as an EMF-File every text in the file is exported as polygons, not as text. So I can not change it in a graphics program.
I have tested the problem with a local version of origin (9.1.0G (32 bit) (home use)), but with this version everything is fine, my texts stay texts and I can edit them with other programs.

I thought I have found a solution by changing the value of "to" in the system values. For my local version it works (to=1 -> text is polygons; to=0 (default) -> text is text), but for my remote version there is no visible cahnge by changing these value.

Unfortunally there is no way to work only with the local version. I need the remote version, too.

Does anybody has an idea how to fix this problem?

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2014 :  03:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Can you try to set @EMRD = 0 which controls whether to draw text via polygons upon drawing EMF in remote desktop environment?

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Technical Service

Go to Top of Page

Thomas0812

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2014 :  07:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you!

The @EMRD Variable was the crucial point.
After setting this value to 0 it works now.

Edited by - Thomas0812 on 10/14/2014 07:29:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000