The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fitting with yErr
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

elchico

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2014 :  06:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 8 SR0
v8.0724(B724)

Hello everybody,

I am new on this forum, so please forgive me some improprieties. If you need some more information, please ask me.

I have a few linear datas (with x,y and yErr) and want to fit it to get a graph with the fit-line and the UCL and LCL. But when I klick on analysis-fitting-fit linear-open dialog and I adjust everything, it opens a new table (FitLinear1) with the datas of the fit, but there are no datas anywhere, except the description (intercept and slope) but no results. It is just like I fit nothing. In the FitLinearCurves1-table there are the independent variable-datas but the datas of the linear Fit are just: --

I donot understand, why the program cannot fit my datas. It seems to be a problem of the yErr because without them, it works. But I need my yErr with the bars.

My setup of the fit:

recalculate: auto
input data: my data

fit options:
errors as weight: instrumental
no more here
quantities to compute:
"value" check and "standard error" check
regular residual analysis

Thank you for helping me.
Regards

EDIT: I found the button to insert images:

Edited by - elchico on 10/13/2014 08:53:59 AM

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2014 :  09:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Possibly one or more of your yErr values is zero which is not allowed. Try setting it to 1E-6 or similar.
Go to Top of Page

elchico

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2014 :  09:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
perfect,thank you. I normalized all my first data to 100 % => no yErr.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000