The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 ODBC and MySQL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

atigdng

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  8:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am having trouble importing data from a MySQL database via ODBC into
Origin 6.1. Through the Origin ODBC dialog I can see the table and the fields but on import, nothing comes through. This is a test table with simple integers (37 of them).

I can import from MS Access just fine and I can connect to the MySQL test table from MS Access with no problems.

Any ideas?

Has anyone used Origin with MySQL?

TIA

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  10:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I cannot find the post now, but it was a problem(MySQL) reported here a few month ago and has been subsequently fixed in Origin 7 service release (SR2). Someone else might be able to find the link.

CP

Go to Top of Page

rtoomey

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  10:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A user did in fact contact our Technical Support department about this issue. The correspondences were in early May of 2002. The fix was made shortly after that and was included in Service Release 1 for Origin 7. The best thing to do would be to upgrade and apply Patch 1.

- Ryan

Go to Top of Page

atigdng

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  6:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just got a response from Origin tech support which gave me the key piece of information. The problem is MySQL's quotes. By default they're not ANSI compliant.

However, there is a commandline switch, --ansi, to change this. It effects the entire server so some people may not be able to take advantage of the option.

I'm running my own server so I tried it and it works with no problems.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000