The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to edit points in Polynomial Tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ssavarmand

USA
Posted - 11/12/2014 :  08:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1.0
Operating System: Win-7

Hi,

I have used the Polynomial Tool to draw a curved line on my plot. I try to adjust a point on it, but when I select the curve, I cannot show up the points to edit them (move them slightly, for example). My expectation comes from the option available in PowerPoint. In PP, once you plot such a curve, you can edit the points afterwards. Is there such option available in Origin?

Best regards,
Saeid

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  11:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Saeid

Please right click the polyline you created and select Programming Control and remember the Object Name, which is in the upper left corner. By default, it should be Polyline, Ployline1, etc.

Then open script window and type and run the following cmd:
Polyline.x1 = 1;
Polyline.y1 = 1.5;
Polyline.x2 = 3;
Polyline.y2 = 4;

This will put the 1st point on the polyline to corrdinate (1,1.5) and 2nd to (3,4). Use this syntax (ObjectName.x/y#) to specify each point as you want.

Zheng
Origin
Go to Top of Page

ssavarmand

USA
Posted - 11/12/2014 :  12:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Zheng,

Thank you for your prompt response.

First, I am working on a Ternary plot. How the coordinates would be on this plot type? I added a line for "z" and it doesn't accept it.

Second, how can I redo the command. Because it didn't give me what I had in mind at first, so I need to adjust the coordinates.

I was hoping that there was an option that I could show the points and drag them on the plot. But the coordinate method works as well, maybe not that easily.

BR,
Saeid
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Saeid

Ternary is still a 2D graph with constraint X+Y+Z=1 or 100. So there is no Z value support needed.

I suggest you use Draw Data tool instead of PolyLine, for what you are trying to implement. The button is in the same toolbar, above Text Tool. This tool will generate a real set of data in a worksheet so you can do further customization and direct change value form the worksheet.

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

ssavarmand

USA
Posted - 11/12/2014 :  1:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Zheng,

Awesome! That is exactly what I wanted. Even much better than PP. This gives me accurate coordinates wherever I want.

Thank you so much!
Saeid
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000