The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Draw x,y dependent function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  05:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello,

I would like to draw an x,y dependent equation; converting it to Y(x) form is very complex, so I was wondering if there was any other way.

The equation is:

cosh(((x-1)/(x+1))*(ln(2)/y))-0.5*exp((ln(2)/y))=0

In the article I'm following, x variable's range would be from 0 to 1000, and y's range would be from 0 to 1.

Do I necessarily need to solve for Y? I have been unable to find how to do it otherwise, but it would be way simpler if the equation could be inserted as it is, somehow.

Thank you.

Edited by - Clairekun on 11/14/2014 05:26:05 AM

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Clairekun,

Not sure if the following tool may work on your Origin 9, but you can try:
http://www.originlab.com/FileExchange/details.aspx?fid=100

By the way, your function seems to be easily rewritten analytically as X=f(Y) form.
So, you can plot this X=f(Y) function with Y as the independent variable,
X as a dependent variable using function plot feature, then you can select
"Graph: Exchange X-Y Axes" to transpose the graph, and rescale the horizontal(X) axis
to show your desired X range.

Does it work in your case?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000