The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 fitting function with integral
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jazgara@un1

Poland
6 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  07:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I have a quesition about user-defined fitting function. I need to use function with an integral, and I have problem with a variable of integration which is off course different than an independent variable (like t in Voigt function).I don't know how to define it. Now Origin give the comunicate: unknown parameter t.
Has anyone know of good solution of my problem?
Aga

rtoomey

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  4:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If the following are true:

• You are trying to use our Fitting with Integrals Knowledge Base Tip.

• You have Origin 7.

• The Compile before use check box (also known as the Use Origin C check box) is checked. To see if it is, trying editing your function in the NLSF. The check box is located below the text box in which you define the function.

you should uncheck the check box mentioned above. However, if you have replaced the integrate command (used in the Fitting with Integrals example) with an Origin C equivalent, you should leave the check box checked. In addition to this, you must also make sure "t" is declared before the function. For instance, if "t" is an integer, declare it as follows:

int t;

If I have misunderstood your question or you have a question of your own, it might be easier to contact Technical Support. Please include some sample data and the Function Definition File (FDF) as attachments to the e-mail so that we can take a look at what you have so far.

I hope this information proves helpful.

- rtoomey

------------------------------

The FDF file is the file that contains your fitting function and all of its settings. FDF files are stored in the \Origin\FitFunc directory. To locate your FDF, open Windows Explorer and navigate to this directory. Then, click on the Modified button to sort the files based on their modification dates. Your file should (in theory) be at or near the top of this list.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000