The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problems with ternary plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dgery

France
1 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  4:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear sir,

I would like to know how making a contour plot or a 3D surface plot in a ternary plot. I know that we need X, Y, Z columns for a ternary plot. It is the same thing for a contour plot. So I need a 4 dimensions dataset for my project. I don't know how doing that. My idea is to plot a 2D contour plot with a X axis and a Y axis and to use dataset where X+Y<1 (because I need X+Y+T=1, T correspond to the 3rd axis of the ternary plot). And then I will export the graph as an image and with an image editer I will deform the plot to obtain a 60 angle between the X and Y axis. At the end I will insert the new image in the background of an empty ternary graph. But I don't find this method good. have you a better idea?
I have a problem to insert label in a ternary plot. I use a X, Y, Z, L dataset, but the L column is not recognized as Labels for a ternary plor but for a classic X,Y plot. The labels is not well placed on the graph near each data points. What is the good way to put labels for each point on ternary graph.
Best regards.

Laurent (working with Origin 6)

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  09:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Laurent,

Origin does not currently support contour plotting in ternary space.
The dataset label problem you are experiencing has been trackered for fixing.

In ver 7., there is support for categorical data so that you can for instance use data group labels for color index of your ternary plot as shown below.

Thanks,

Easwar
OriginLab.

Edited by - easwar on 09/09/2002 5:15:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000