The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin 9.0 locks up opening project with Excel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pbisson

USA
Posted - 04/22/2015 :  7:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 9.0 SR2: I and others in my office occasionally have problems re-opening a project containing Excel spreadsheet windows. These Excel spread sheets are not linked to external files. I've used the Excel data import feature from ASCII text data files so we can share the OPJ as a self contained project.

Anyway, during the opening process, as Origin is re-constructing the Excel spreadsheet windows, Origin locks up. Eventually, a dialog opens saying Origin is waiting for Excel. Then, Excel puts up a dialog saying it's waiting on another application to complete an OLE operation. As a software developer myself, I recognize this as a "deadlock" situation.

Now, this doesn't just happen to me on my PC. An OPJ with this problem won't work for any of my office mates either. This seems to imply something is wrong with the file.

Typically, if I simply re-build the project from scratch (a total pain in the butt if it's a big project), and save out the project to a new file, the problem is resolved. This kind of implies the previous problem file is somehow corrupted.

So, has anyone else noticed this behavior? Is there some kind of tool that can scan an OPJ and determine if it's valid? Maybe some kind of repair tool?

pbisson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000