The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Extracting data based on column values
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beta3

1 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  07:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everyone!

I imported data where the first column looks like this:

Index
  n
  m
  s

Now I would like to extract everything between the first zero and n to one worksheet, everything between the second zero and m to another worksheet and so on. Is there a built-in way to do this?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  2:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi beta3,

You can try the following method:

1) Highlight all data columns, and copy it (CTRL-C). Open a new worksheet.
2) Start Import Wizard. ("File: Import: Import Wizard")
3) Select "Clipboard" for the Data Source.
4) Set the number of headers/subheaders to 0. Go forward.
5) In the "Data Selection" page, select "Start New Worksheet" for the "Non-numeric data in a numeric field" option. You can press Finish button.

Does it work for your data? As you realize, you could import your original data using the same settings by the Import Wizard so that you could unstack directly at the import time.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  4:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Beta3

I'm afraid there is no GUI way. Would you mind sending an email to <Tech@OriginLab.com> with your serial number so we can make a simple tool for you?

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000