The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Using drawing tools in Layout window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

phensel

USA
Posted - 09/01/2005 :  09:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System:Windows XP Professional 2002 Serv. Pack 2

Anyone know how to place a drawing object in front of or behind two graphs in the layout window?

For example, I would like to place several vertically oriented rectangles highlighting the same dates/data on two graphs aligned vertically in the layout window. When I draw such a rectangle, it covers legends, axes, etc., and I cannot place it behind the graphs. When I copy and paste the rectangle, however, I can no longer move it, without first moving the graph (the graph is automatically highlighted, and I cannot access the rectangle I hae just created!).

Bottom line: there are problems maipulating drawing objects in the layout window. Any ideas on how to do this in Origin (I'm also having problems importing the graphs into drawing software such as Canvas).

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Philippe

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  09:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Philippe,

Bring up the Object Edit toolbar if not already available (using menu View->Toolbars). On that toolbar there are two buttons called Back and Front which can be used to push objects behind or bring them to front relative to other objects. You can use those to push your rectangle behind so parts of the graph show. And as for grabbing the rectangle again, if it is fully covered by graphs, you could temporarily push a graph to the back, grab and move the rectangle and then push the rectangle behind again.

And what is the problem you are facing regarding importing graphs?

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Agggelos

1 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2015 :  11:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi guys,

just encountered a similar problem, with a drawing object covering my axis. The conventional way suggested by Easwar (or else: Right Click --> Push to the Back) did not work. The object would go behind the data but not behind the axis.
What fixed my problem (and possibly yours) is the following:
Doubleclick on the layer number on the top left corner of the graph page. Click on Layer Properties --> Display and then uncheck the tickbox of "Data on top of axes" in the "Data Drawing Options" section.
Do this separately for all layers that you want to reveal...

Aggelos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000