The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Log scale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

timarogger

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  09:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
hi!

I have a large x scale (entries between 0-500) that I would like to split between linear ang logerethmic. the linear from 0-50 and the log from 51-500. is this possible to do with origin (9.1)? i have been fiddeing around but apperently I could not get it right. anybody can help plase!

All the best
T.

tima

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

To have different scale types, you need to add breaks in axis. Then each segment after a break can have a different scale type.

In 9.1
Double click the axis.
Set From and To on Scale node.
Then go to Breaks node.
Set Number of Breaks to 1.
--> Break 1 subnode is created.
Go to Break 1 node.
Set Break From and Break To both to 50.
Uncheck Auto checkbox in After Break Scale branch.
Change Scale type to log10.

You can also go back to Breaks node, and set Break Half Lengh to 0. This way the break mark will not show on axis.

We support multiple breaks since 9.1 and Origin 2015's axis dialog is tab based which is easier to use than 9.1.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  10:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Additional information:

There is a blog article, "Different scales on same axis with zero gap axis break" at:
http://blog.originlab.com/graphing/different-scales-on-same-axis-with-zero-gap-axis-break

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

timarogger

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  11:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much! it hsa worked

tima
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000