The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Embedding Origin graph in Microsoft Word 2013
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Viswanath14

India
6 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  09:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I'm trying to embed an origin graph into MS word 2013 document by copying (typing Ctrl+C) on origin graph page and pasting (Ctrol+V) on the MS word document. However I'm getting error:

Word has encountered a problem

There is a problem saving the file.
Usually this is because the disk or floppy disk is too small for the file or is full, RAM memory is low, or there is a permission problem with the drive the file is being saved to.
If the amount of disk space for a paging file is low, save the file to another drive. If the RAM memory is low, increase available RAM. If permissions to the drive do not allow you to save to that drive, save the file to another drive or request permissions from the administrator to save files to the drive.
Note   This error can also occur if the computer is running a version of antivirus software that is incompatible with the Microsoft Office or must be updated.

I have tried using Edit > Copy page (Ctrl+J) and then pasting in word, but still the error persists.

There is enough RAM memory, almost greater than 4 GB. And disk space is also more than 25 GB available on the two drives available on the PC. What is the reason for this error?

Thank you,
Viswanath.

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
OriginPro 9.0.0 (64-bit) SR2
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 05/22/2015 :  05:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Viswanath,

We can't reproduce the problem you mentioned. Does it happen for some special opj files? Would you please send us a sample project file via tech@originlab.com?

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 05/22/2015 05:54:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Viswanath14

India
6 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  1:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Ms. Shirley,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, you may find the sample origin project file at this dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/bayzgno15a3053b/Water_Bond%20Interactions_Comparison.opj?dl=0). Also, please note that, I have tried pasting the graph in Word 2007 after freshly installing on my PC. It showed the same error. But surprisingly, when I performed this pasting operation on Word 2007 on one of my friends PC, it worked perfectly fine. I couldn't understand the reason for this error.

Regards,
Viswanath.

Edited by - Viswanath14 on 05/23/2015 1:32:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 05/25/2015 :  05:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Viswanath,

I still can't reproduce the problem here.

Can you try to copy and paste the Origin graph to PowerPoint to see if this problem still happened?

Please also try the below solution:
1) Go to Origin program folder, find the Origin.exe file. Right-click on it to select Properties from the context menu.
2) In the Properties dialog, go to Compatibility tab, uncheck Run this program as an administrator checkbox. Click OK button.

3) Right-click the Origin 2015 icon to select Run as Administrator to open Origin 2015.
4)Try to copy and paste the graph to Word again.

If still problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Shirley

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 05/25/2015 05:36:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Viswanath14

India
6 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  06:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Ms. Shirley for the reply. I have tried copying in the PowerPoint 2013 as you suggested, and the plot was copied without any error window being popped out. However, when I double click the graph, it gives an error 'The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application.'
When copied in Excel 2013, no error appears when copying, but when double clicked, an error 'Cannot start the source application for this object.'

I have also checked the 'Run as administrator' checkbox as you suggested, this didn't change the error appearing.

Thanks,
Viswanath.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 05/27/2015 :  04:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
You said you tried to check the Run as administrator checkbox. But I mean uncheck the Run this program as an administrator checkbox and right-click the Origin 2015 icon to select Run as Administrator to open Origin 2015.

Please make sure you are following the steps I suggested exactly.

Shirley

Go to Top of Page

ronnschm

2 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  11:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear support team,

i have got the same problem. Working on Win 8.1, with Office 2013 and Origin 2015 SR2. I tryed to do a brand new Windows, instlling Office and Origin as third.
I've tried your advice to run Origin with admin privileges but the problem is still there. In addition the OLE linking from Powerpoint won't work too. Right click shows me, "Origin graph", but double clicking will only lead to an error message, "The server application, source data or the element could not be found."

Hopefully you can give me some hints so that the problem could be solved.

Thanks
Ronny
Go to Top of Page

ronnschm

2 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2015 :  03:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Problem solved.

It is necessary, that every user have admin rights within MS Office to make that OLE-Objects work probably.
In my case it was not enough to run just the shortcut with admin rights, by right click.Therefore I changed this in the MS Office main folder for every part (WINWORD as example).

Go to Top of Page

hwjwow

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2015 :  1:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
Recently I encountered this problem on one of my computer with 64 bit win 10, 64 bit Office 2013 and 64 bit Origin 2015 installed. After struggling for several days, I accidentally find the solution and the possible reason.
First thing first, the reason cause this problem (assuming it's not due to a corrupt installation) may due to the mismatch of application administration level between office app (for example, POWERPNT.EXE) and origin (Origin92_64.exe). By default, ppt runs at normal level and if somehow Origin92_64.exe was set "run as administrator" this problem occurs. A win32 app cannot start another app with the higher level than it has. So the error message was generated "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error......"
So, when you see the message, first thing you need to do is check whether this is caused by corrupt installation by running ppt as adminstrator and click "Insert" tap, choose Object -> Origin graph. If everything goes fine, then two way to solve the problem. 1) As previous post suggested, always run office as admin or
2) Uncheck the "run as administrator" option for Origin92_64.exe

I use solution 2), everything is perfect now.
Go to Top of Page

techupgeek

India
1 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  08:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Run program as administrator. If it doesn't work try right click on program and click on troubleshoot compatibility. I am sure it will work.
Go to Top of Page

ABHISAKH SARMA

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  09:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

In my case, the same error was appearing.
Then I just unchecked "Run as administrator" option for Origin.
Also, I unchecked "Run as administrator" option for PowerPoint 2010.

Now everything is working fine.

ABHISAKH SARMA
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000