The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Confidence bands
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

helporigin8

29 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  09:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Please,
can someone tell me how to plot 95% confidence bands for user defined function? This option works fine for all functions except for those that I defined. What could be the problem?

Thanks
A.

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  10:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You should be able to select the confidence bands in the nonlinear fit dialog under the Settings tab -> Fitted Curves tab.

Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

helporigin8

29 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  10:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I am able to select it, but as a result, when I use my function (that has similar shape as Gaussian) I always get empty columns for confidence bands values. But when I use Gaussian instead, program generates it normally.
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  3:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Could you please send your .opj project file and fitting function file to tech@originlab.com.

The example I showed above is an example where I was able to apply a user-defined fitting function and obtain the xy values for the confidence bands. Taking a look at how you are setting up the fitting function might help.

Thanks
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

helporigin8

29 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  05:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have sent files to email.
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  09:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

What version of Origin do you have? I recommend trying Origin 2018 to see if you still get this error. You can download and install a 21 day evaluation license here: https://www.originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

One thing you might try is changing the parameters. In Origin 2018, when I used your fit parameter settings, the fit succeeded and Origin filled the confidence band columns, however the fit does not look like a good fit.

When I changed the parameter initial values which was automatically determined by Origin, the fit seems more accurate.

-Aviel
Go to Top of Page

helporigin8

29 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2018 :  05:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you. I will try to use Origin 2018.
Now, I would like to use this function in Peak Analyzer. But it is not listed there...
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2018 :  3:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

When a fitting function is created, the function is added to the User Defined fitting function folder. To move this to the PFW (Peak Functions Wizard) fitting folder: Open the Fitting Function Organizer by selecting Tools-> Fitting Function Organizer or select F9.

With the Fitting Function Organizer open-> Select the dropdown tab for the User Defined folder. Right-Click the defined function that you want to use in the Peak and Analyzer and select Share To.

With the Share Dialog open, select the dropdown tab and choose PFW. Select OK.

The fitting function should be now also viewed in the PFW folder and ready to use in the Peak Analyzer.

Thanks
Aviel

Edited by - arstern on 01/11/2018 3:27:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

helporigin8

29 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  06:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000