The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copying Excel Data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

alex_eagle

Austria
36 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2002 :  08:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I want to copy Excel-data into a datasheet simply by
strg+c and strg+v ! How can I tell origin to take the first
row of the data automatically as column-name ?

Thanx
Alex

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2002 :  1:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is no option to tell Origin to use the first row of data as column name - whether from the Clipboard or in any worksheet.
The following script is adapted from my AddOn Tools at http://www.originlab.com/www/downloads/addon_modules/index.cfm :

loop(jj,1,wks.ncols) { // Loop through all columns
wks.col$(jj).name$=%(%H,jj,1); // Column names from row 1
}
mark -d %(%H,1) -b 1 -e 1; // Delete the first row

Note that there are internal routines that check to make sure names are valid. Invalid characters will be stripped from candidate names. If a name conflicts with an existing name, then it will not be used. For this reason, you may want to remove the line that deletes the first row.

Edited by - greg on 10/15/2002 1:48:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000