The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 uimedit in Originpro7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

schondel1

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  11:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I wrote several tools with the old Originpro5 version using uimedit. How can I use them with the new version Originpro7
Thanks for help
schondel

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  12:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi schondel,

If your UIM tools are attached to worksheets or plots they should work pretty much the same as in Origin 5. However, floating UIM tools have not worked since Origin 6.0 and you'll have to rebuild those as DialogBuilder dialogs.

You can use Origin 5's Uimedit.opj in Origin 7, but it's not as useful due to lack of floating tool support. However, the UIM toolbar still works.

DialogBuilder tools are much more versatile and easier to work with than the old UIM tools. It might take you a while to get used to DB, but I think you'll like it in the end. However, you need MS Visual C++ or something comparable to create DialogBuilder tools.

I hope that helps.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

schondel1

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  02:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick answer. But finally it's not a question of the better way of programming floating tools. It took a lot of time to develop our Dialog Interfaces and we just want to use them and we don't want to rebuild them.
It's frustrating that we still have to use the old Origin5 Version, cause Orginlab is not able to produce a compatible new Version of its own Software.

Schondel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000