The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Combo box in graphs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

d_nilsen

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  08:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello.

I want to have a combo box in which each element in the box refers to a separate script that does something with the graph. This will enable me to save space on the graph by avoiding having 20 different buttons all over the place.

The problem is, when in Edit Button Mode i make the combo box and I cannot reach its properties, only its Label Control.

there is nothing in Origin Help about the Combo box, which makes me slightly nift.

Does anyone know how to make and manipulate these combo boxes or has Microcal just put them there for show?

Daniel

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  11:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Daniel,

COMBOX does not have property control. It is controlled exclusively through LabTalk script. Also, it cannot be placed on a graph. How to create a COMBOX and how to program it etc. are documented in the OriginPro manual.

Easwar
OriginLab.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  12:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Daniel,

If you want a single control that can run multiple scripts I suggest you use a simple text button that runs a getnumber dialog with a drop-down list...

%Z=(Script1) (Script2) (Script3);
ii=1;
getn ( ) ii:Z (Select a script);
run.section(,%[%L,#ii]);

[Script1]
-- Script1 commands --

[Script2]
-- Script2 commands --

[Script3]
-- Script3 commands --

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000