The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scatter plot marker on y-axis - display problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JonTaylor

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  07:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have a problem with displaying a scatter plot data point. It is right on the y-axis. I am showing the data as black circles, but the first data point is showing only a half circle. I can force it to show a full circle by setting the X-scale to below zero, but this makes no physical sense (can't have a negative concentration).

Any tips for getting the data point to show a full circle over the y-axis?

Screen shot attached.

Thanks
Jon

Origin Ver. 8.6.0 64 bit
Windows 7

cdrozdowski111

USA
247 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  2:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jon,

Double click on your graph and in the "Plot Details - Layer Properties" dialog, go to the Display tab and uncheck "Clip Data to Frame". That should do the trick,

~Chris
Go to Top of Page

JonTaylor

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  04:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for replying Chris - that worked perfectly.

Best wishes,
Jon
Go to Top of Page

wongls

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  08:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,

I am having a similar problem. The solution posted works fine for the data points at the edge of the frame, but does not solve the issue if there are breaks in the scale. See attached. Any help greatly appreciated. I am using OriginPro 2015 9.2.272

Edited by - wongls on 07/31/2017 08:03:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  4:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I tried to find a work around for this. On thing I can suggest right now is to change the location of the break by a very small amount so that it seems to start and end at the correct location. For example in the image below, the scatter point to the left of the break is at x = 21. When I set the break to start at 21, then half the point will not be shown. If I change the break to start at 21.5, then the entire scatter point is viewed. In the image its hardly noticeable in the break that it is placed at 21.5 rather than 21. Another option that might help, is to make the scatter points smaller in size.

Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

wongls

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  1:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Aviel.

Yes, I think that works OK provided the break range is set large enough or the data point is made small enough. :)

Best regarards,
LS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000