The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Transpose results in columns during Batch Process?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

am17

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  07:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I am following this batch processing tutorial from the OriginLab website. http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Batch-Processing-Multiple-Datasets-using-Analysis-Template

However I would like to ask how I can output the dataset identifier in columns instead of rows like this picture attached here (basically I want to transpose the output results data during batch processing of multiple files):

Any ideas?

Edited by - am17 on 08/01/2017 07:54:51 AM

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  10:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Basically you need to create a new Fit result sheet in your analysis template with the fitting result row transposed. Then during batch processing, you need to append the fitting results by columns. Here are the steps:
1. Open the analysis template in the tutorial, import data file "sensor1.dat" to generate result.
2. Add a worksheet "Fit Results2" at the end.
3. Go to Fit Resultssheet, copy the file name "Sensor01.dat", Go to the first column of "Fit Results2" sheet, and paste link to the column header long name.
4. Go to "Fit Results" sheet, copy first row except File name, and Paste Transpose to the first column of "Fit Results2".
5. Save analysis template.

6. In the Batch processing dialog, select the newly created template.
7. Set Result sheet to Fit Results2.
8. Set Append by to Columns.
Click OK to generate the result.

Hope this answers your question.

James
Go to Top of Page

am17

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  1:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you James for the prompt response. I had to update my Origin software to the latest 2017 version before I could finally get it to work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000