The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 DDE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tinkusch

Germany
94 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2015 :  1:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin PRO 2015 Sr2, Win 7

Hi,
I am struggeling with ORIGIN's DDE feature. I tried to get a connection to another DDE server application (FlowDDE from Bronkhorst) with the "dde -c ..." command with no success so far. I used all the topics such as "ProductName" provided in the Bronkhorst manuals and also tried the path to the application as an argument in the command line. So far without any success. It is however no problem to manually set a connection to EXCEL as a client by copy and paste but that doesn't really help solving my problem.

Does anybody work with the Bronkhorst FlowDDE application and can give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

PS: I really wish to have a somewhat more detailed description of the DDE feature in the ORIGIN Labtalk manual. Would also be good to to have some example scripts.

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you mean that you Copy and "Paste Link" to Excel and that worked? Did you try with Origin using Paste Link?

CP
Go to Top of Page

tinkusch

Germany
94 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2015 :  03:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
copy and paste a link into an excel sheet opened in ORIGIN works. E.g. the string for permanent reading of a value (P8 = Parameter 8) is the following:

"=FlowDDE|'C(1)'!'P(8)'"

Paste to an Origin worksheet cell does not work.
Stefan

Edited by - tinkusch on 09/03/2015 03:42:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000