The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to use nag functions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jonni

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  11:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I tried to use nag function nag_real_poligamma(x,k) to fit may date,
but I have next error: Exeternal DLL cannot find function ONAG:nag_real_poligamma(x,k)

#include <stdio.h>
#include <data.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <utilities.h>
void _nlsfuser2(
// Fit Parameter(s):
double P1,
// Independent Variable(s):
double x,
// Dependent Variable(s):
double& y)
{
// Beginning of editable part
#include <NAG\OCN_s.h>
y=nag_cosh(x);

// End of editable part
}

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  2:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You will need to move the include NAG header file statement. Include statements should never be inside function body. (It's ok to use include inside function body if whatever is included does not have function declarations.)

In order to add addition header files you will need to modify the template, used in this special CodeBuilder view for the NLSF. The file, nlsf.fit, is located in the NLSF subfolder of the Origin C subfolder. It's a text file that you can open in Notepad. Make your changes and then resave the template.

The reason that we don't include the NAG header files by default, is to speed up compilation. This is consistent with the default template for new C files. (If you open CodeBuilder and create a new C file, you'll see the following comments:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// you can include just this typical header file for most Origin built-in functions and classes
// and it takes a reasonable amount of time to compile,
#include <origin.h>
// this file include most of the other header files except the NAG header, which takes longer to compile
// NAG routines
//#include <OC_nag.h> // this contains all the NAG headers,

)

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

jonni

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  3:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Laurie.

Thanks for help

I modefined template already but it didn't help.

my source is:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <data.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <utilities.h>
#include <NAG\OCN_s.h>
void _nlsfuser2(
// Fit Parameter(s):
double P1,
// Independent Variable(s):
double x,
// Dependent Variable(s):
double& y,
// Partial Derivative(s):
double& dy_P1)
{
// Beginning of editable part
NagError fail;
y=nag_real_polygamma(x,0,&fail);
// End of editable part
}

But I still have the same error
external DLL cannot find function ONAG: nag_real_polygamma

even if I create new c file using code builder:

#include <origin.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <data.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <utilities.h>
#include <NAG\OCN_s.h>
double psi(double P1,double x)
{
double y;
NagError fail;
y=nag_real_polygamma(x,P1,&fail);
return y;
}

I have the same error.

external DLL cannot find function ONAG: nag_real_polygamma

What should I do.

The main purpouse is fit my data be polygamma function.
Go to Top of Page

TarakDas

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  3:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, This error could be generated due to two reasons, 1)if the function implementation is not found in the DLL, that is the header has it prototyped and the dll does not have a corresponding function with the same name. 2) The other scenario is failing to Load the DLL itself.

Plese let us know if other NAG functions have the same problem.
Thanks
-Tarak
Go to Top of Page

jonni

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  3:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
yes!
all ONAG.dll functions what I tried to call have the same error
(I tried functions from OCN_s.h as nag_sinh; nag_cosh;nag_arcsinh;nag_real_polygamma)

1. All function has defenition in header file
2. I have ONAG.dll file

thanks for help
can I call to the support and discuss the problem?
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  3:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The only thing I can think of is that you might be using the downloaded evaluation version of Origin 7.

The ONAG.dll with a release version of Origin should be 1.6Mb in size, while in a downloaded demo it is 768K.

The full ONAG.dll is included in the demo CD, but to limit the download size, we only include a small subset in the downloaded version.

CP

Edited by - cpyang on 01/09/2003 3:59:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonni

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  4:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have posetive result

I download nagc.dll from www.nag.com.
This dll includes the same functions as ONAG.dll.
I don't have any problem with compilation,when just changed ONAG.DLL to nagc.dll(renamed nagc.dll to ONAG.dll) with all functions from NAG).
But when I try to execute fitting I have error: "NAG C Library license error" (I have to register my NAG library, which I downloaded. I'm waiting mail with key from them for my trial version)

It means that problem is in ONAG.dll

What should I do?
Go to Top of Page

jonni

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  4:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where can I get FULL version of ONAG.dll

where can I download it??

thnaks
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  5:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have just emailed you the full ONAG.DLL file, so you should be all set. The full file is found in the demo CD, but not in the downloadable demo. The demo CD can be requested and we can send by mail.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

jonni

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  6:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you all a lot for help!

You are doing a great job!!

All scripts are working.
( I have to undersand, Are they work right or not, but it is later? )

to be continued tomorow......... :)

It's enough for today.

Thank you for great help

Evgeniy

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000