The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 how to display values in or above bar graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hajo_old

Germany
141 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  10:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello, all

how can I display the values above or within the bars of a bar graph?
Pleas help!

Thanks
HJ Koch

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  5:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Add a new column to your worksheet, set the designation as Label. You can right click on the column to do this. Copy the Y data to the Label column. Now add this label column to your graph.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

hajo_old

Germany
141 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  02:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo, Laurie

thanks, that works!

But in my opinion it should also be possible to simply read out the Y-values for labeling, instead to fill in the labels into a seperat column, because there is no different information in the new column, only the type is set to label! It is getting really complex to import the labels if you have huge worksheets with about 20 colums, so you have to add another 20 colums yust for labeling the graphs!

Isn't there an other solution? Would that be a new feature?

Thanks
HJKoch
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  2:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, we agree that this would be a nice feature. As you say, it should be possible to simply read out the Y-values for labeling, instead of creating a duplicate column. We've logged this information in our inhouse development database, so we can consider this for the next version of Origin.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

tib

Switzerland
105 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  05:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi HJ and Laurie,

here is a rather cumbersome method to display labels with a LabTalk script.
It places individual labels from the active dataset in your graph.
Of course it's not as comfortable as the new Version Laurie promised for the next Version of Origin.
Maybe there's also another more elegant way with the current version?

HJ, maybe that works for you if you don't want to duplicate, blow up and mess up your existing data.
Of course, you have to play around with the positioning and offsets etc...

Tilman.

TMP=%[%C,'_']!wks.MaxRows; // get max. row of active dataset;
loop(i,1,TMP){
yyy=%C[i]; // y position;
xxx=xvalue(i,%C); // x position;
label -a xxx yyy -n %C$(i) (=0); // initialize label;
v1=%C[i]; // set value;
draw -n %C$(i) -v set -u; // change value;
%A=%C$(i).text$;
%C$(i).text$=%[%A,>'=']; // remove '=';
};
doc -uw; // refresh graph;

Unfortunately, you have to run the script again every time the data has been changed...

Edited by - tib on 01/30/2003 06:09:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000