The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Avoid renaming duplicates?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tib

Switzerland
105 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  1:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi all,

graphs can be saved as .OGG which include all the necessary data.
When I now create a new project and I want to include several formerly created .OGGs from disk.
Now, Origin complains that "Duplicate names have been found. The duplicates have been renamed".
In general, that's a helpful warning.
But in some cases I definitely know that the "duplicate data" is actually identical.
So I don't want it to be renamed but used as one and the same dataset in the second graph.

For example, I load 20 or more .OGG graphs from disk and each of it uses the (same) worksheet which is used for labeling (text from dataset).
If I now want to make changes to the labeling I have to change all worksheets individually .
Is there a way to tell Origin that the duplicate data is identical?
Is it clear want I meant? Thanks for any hints.

Tilman.

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  12:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is currently no way to tell Origin that the data is identical and should not be duplicated, i.e. a duplicate worksheet created.

I've made a note in our development database to add this option as a feature. Our developers will consider implementing it.

Thanks,
Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000