The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D Parameteric Surface with Colormap Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pcomis2

3 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2016 :  11:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I've been trying to create a 3D parameteric surface with a colormap but haven't had much success. I have spatial coordinates x,y, and z in separate 40x200 worksheets, and a property which is a function of all (area) also in another 40x200 worksheet. Using this tutorial: http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/3D-ParaSurf-DataColormap I converted all of my data sets to matrices and followed along but I haven't been able to successfully set the x,y, and z coordinates. Does anyone have experience creating these types of plots? If so, what's the best way to proceed?

Thank you for your help,
Patrick

Origin Ver. and Service Release: 9.1.0 (64-bit) b215 (Academic)
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  05:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Patrick,

X, Y, Z matrix data must be in one matrix sheet, different matrix objects. You can select the matrix book containing Z data, click on "D" icon at the top-right corner and select Add menu to add a new matrix object to this sheet, then copy paste X data to this object. Do the same for Y data and property.

After that, you can specify XY matrix on the Surface tab of the Plot Details dialog.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000