The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Plotting color mappedgraph with different symbols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kosha

India
2 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2016 :  11:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/sample.xlsx

Sir,I have got three attributes Class(color code),RMS(x-axis) & AR1(y-axis).I want to plot RMS vs AR1 using color mapped plot that uses different color and symbols for different classes in CLASS column.
With color mapped graph I am unable to use diffrent symbol for different classes.
Can you please help.Attachment includes sample file and snapshot of the result which I get using Color Mapped graph

kosha

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  02:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kolsha,

You can:
1. Highlight the Column B (RMS), right-click and choose "Set As: X" in the context menu.
2. Highlight Column B and C (RMS and AR1) to plot a new Scatter plot again.
3. Double click on the new graph to open the "Plot Details" dailog agian.
Then do the setting as following image and click OK to save it.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The use Class column for shape as well, in the tab Jacqueline pointed out, check
Custom Construction checkbox.
Then click the Shape dropdown list and choose Col(A)"Class".

Shape List tab will be added after the above step.
You can go there to define which shape for 1, which shape for 2, etc.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000