The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Recalling Values from sheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AliMosayyebi

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  07:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello there,

I have imported values of velocity contour of my design into origin!
FYI: in the data I have X,Y and Z and also the Velocity values.
since its midplane, then z values are fixed.

now, having this background, I am hoping to be able to recall specific values of the velocity that correspond to specific X and Y range!
For example, I say if x=10 to 20 and y=1 to 3 then find these values and copy them in this cell.

FYI: I am not very good in coding. So, would be great if whoever explaining it, makes it simple for me please,

Thanks very much :)

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  2:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AliMosayyebi,

There are multiple ways in Origin you can do this.

First is to use Column Filter. To do this, just highlight X column and right click, choose Filter: Add or Remove Filter. Then there will be a filter icon appeared on the top of that column, next to column name. Click on the filter icon to add condition e.g. Between and enter two values. You can apply another filter to Y column with condition specified. Then the velocity column will show only rows matched with those filters.

Or, you can use Worksheet Query. This method can create a link to update automatically with the input data, so it will be helpful if you have multiple files and want to find velocity values automatically. With worksheet activated, go to top menu Worksheet:Worksheet Query, and enter like below settings. For output, you can choose extract to new worksheet or workbook. If Recalculate sets to be Auto, then if you import another datasets into the same worksheet, it will automatically extract values with the same condition.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000