The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fixing column or row or both
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AliMosayyebi

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  07:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello there,

I am looking for a way to be able to be able to fix row or column or both in origin.
To make my question clear, I refer you to how it's done in excel. In excel, I can use $ before column or row or both to fix either or both of them.

Could you please help me understand how it's done in origin?

Thanks very much :)

AliMosayyebi

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2016 :  09:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi There,

I have realised that this topic is not active anymore,

can someone please help me on this?

what I am trying to do, is for example take the average of a column and then subtract each values of the column cell from the average and have a new column of "column values-average of the column values".
this requires me to fix the average calculation but when I subtract them it just gives me one single value in the first cell of the column and the rest of the cells are empty!

Thanks for the help :)
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2016 :  10:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If your data is in col(A), right click column B header and choose Set Column Values context menu.

In the dialog, enter
col(A)-Mean(col(A))

Column B will be filled with value in col(A) minus average of column A.

Is this want you mean?

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000