The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 using power law in origin . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sasidhar.jangam

India
2 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2016 :  12:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi guys, I am looking for fitting a curve using power law for the data given in the fig. Can any body help me how to fit a curve using power law.

Dynamics & Adaptive Structures
National Aerospace Laboratories
Bangalore, India

KenLefebvre

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2016 :  5:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Sasidhar-

This depends on the kind of function it is you want to use. I would recommend going to the Fitting Function Organizer in the Tools menu and from there you'll see all of our built-in functions listed with some descriptions and illustrations of the curves and how they are affected by parameter values.

A quick search shows that wehave two power-law related fitting functions built into the software, including-
the Pareto cumululative distribution function in the Power folder, and Herschel Bulkey model in the Rheology functions folder.

If neither of these or any of the other functions included with our software suit your needs, you can define your own function using the Fitting Function Builder which is also in the Tools folder. For an example of how you would convert a conventional function to the format needed for a fitting function, I would recommend reading this short post and the documentation it links to
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20166

And if you have any other questions feel free to write us back!

Ken Lefebvre
Technical Service Engineer
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

sasidhar.jangam

India
2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2016 :  12:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ken,

Thq so much, I was looking for this one only. I found the function which I want to use. But How to use any built in function of fitting function organizer to fit a scattered data. Plz help me . . .

Dynamics & Adaptive Structures
National Aerospace Laboratories
Bangalore, India
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000