The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Linear combination of two datasets to fit one
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Peterpan12

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  06:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.8.5 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Windows 7

Hi,

I have three columns of experimental data (A,B,C). C is the linear combination of A and B (A*m+B*n=C). So every line should be A1*m+B1*n=C1, A2*m+B2*n=C2, A3*m+B3*n=C3......I would like to fit this Data to get m and n. How can I do this?

Kind regards,

Peterpan12

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  10:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Peterpan12,

This is what the multiple linear regression does. ("Analysis: Fitting: Multiple Linear Regression" menu)
In your case, as there is no bias constant, you can set the intercept fixed to 0 from the Fit Control option branch.
See the document at:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Multi-Regression-Dialog

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Peterpan12

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  10:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Hideo Fuji, you made my day!
Go to Top of Page

lasec2016

1 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  6:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hideo Fujii.
I apologise but I don't understand your suggestion.
I've got the same problem of Peterpan12.
I have three columns (A,B,C) where C is the linear combination of A and B.
Using the expression of the multilinear regression:
y = β0 + β1x1 + β2x2
where y = col(C), x1 = col(A), x2 = col(B)

A and B are the independent columns while C is the dependent one.

Unfortunately, Multiple Linear Regression Dialog Box don't allow to select two columns as independent.
Currently, I'm using Origin8. I have used for more than 10 year Origin6 and with the old version I had not problems.

Could you help me?

Thank you in advance,
Andrea
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000