The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exporting graphs according to project folders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jacorem

Italy
8 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  05:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi!
Let's say that in my project I have two folders, folderA and folderB, and in both folders I have a graph (graphA and graphB).
I want to export both graphs as picture (jpeg) but in two subfolder so to obtain like
-<project folder>/graphs/folderA/graphA.jpg and
-<project folder>/graphs/folderB/graphB.jpg.
I tried to play a bit with the export window fields, but I couldn't managed to do so. Anyone know if is possible and how, or if I have to export every single project folder manualy?

Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro 2015 (64bit) Sr2, b9.2.272 (accademic)
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Thanks,

Jacopo Remondina,
University of Milano-Bicocca,
Department of Material Science

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  4:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jacorem,

The Export Graphs dialog has an option to export all graphs in the current project, besides graphs within one folder.

With a graph activated, and go to menu File: Export Graphs:Open dialog. The options as I mentioned is under Selected Graph(s).

The exported graph will be named after graph window long name by default and all the graphs will stay in one folder where the path is defined.

I am wondering if you want to export to sub-folders and name the windows folder as in project folder? Something like:
graphA will export to <project folder>\project name\folderA\graphA.jpg

graphB will export to <project folder>\project name\folderB\graphB.jpg?
If so I think you may need to script to do so.
Go to Top of Page

jacorem

Italy
8 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2016 :  11:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Meili for your answer, unfortunatly, I already followed the procedure you have descripted, and my question was exactly about automaticly create the sub-folders (the same I have in my project) and saving the graphs in them.

Jacopo Remondina,
University of Milano-Bicocca (Italy),

Edited by - jacorem on 05/10/2016 11:54:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2016 :  2:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jacorem,

Thanks for your updates. So far it doesn't seem possible to do this from GUI, but could be done by scripts. I wrote an example as in following:

doc -e P
{if(page.IsEmbedded==0&&exist(%H)!=11) //Skip over any embedded graphs or Layout windows
    {
window -a %H;
string a$=%X; //Get windows path of saved project
string b$=%@P; //Get graph project path 
b.Replace("/","\");
i=b.delete(1);
string path$=a$+b$; //Concatenate above strings to create export folder path 
expGraph type:=jpg filename:="<long name>" path:=path$ theme:=<Original> tr.Margin:=2;}}

To run the code, open Script Window from menu Window. Copy and paste above code, highlight all rows and press Enter on keyboard. It will create the same level of sub-folders according to project folder, and graphs will be exported into own folder named after graph window long name.

The key issue to create a correct path string with graph project path. I am using string registers.

String registers: http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/guide/String-registers

expGraph x-function:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/expGraph

Hope it can help.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page

jacorem

Italy
8 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  08:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks again Meili;
unfortunatly your script doesn't seems to work (I just tried, but no subfolder were created). Anyway, I think that I can fix it with a bit of work and your initial script. I will post the working version as soon as I will check it.

Jacopo Remondina,
Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  11:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jacopo,

Just notice you actually have Origin 2015. And the string resistor I used in my codes "%@P" is a new thing we added and only works in Origin 2016. In Origin 2015 there must be some work around to create path for sub-folder, but I think it's more convenient to use %@P to call project path in one string.

Seems you use a site license. Usually you should be able to upgrade to Origin 2016 since most universities keep active maintenance. I would suggest you to install Origin 2016 and get a license from your IT department. You can go to following link to download Origin 2016 installer. http://www.originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page

jacorem

Italy
8 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  11:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I modify a bit Meili code to produce what I need, and this is the final result:
pe_cd /; //move to root directory
string root_folder$;
pe_path path:=root_folder$; //get directory path
//type root_folder$;
int cs=%[root_folder$]; //get path lenght
cs=cs+2; //I needed to add 2(probably due to spaces and similar) 
//cs=;
doc -e P //loop over all graph-like objects
{
	if(page.IsEmbedded==0&&exist(%H)!=11)  //Skip over any embedded graphs or Layout windows
	{
		string proj_path$=%X; //Get windows path of saved project;
		//type "the project path is:"+proj_path$;
		window -a %H;	
		string graph_fullPath$;
		pe_path path:=graph_fullPath$; //Get graph project explorer path;
		//type "provissorial path:"+graph_fullPath$;
		%A=graph_fullPath$;
		//type "what I don't need:"+%[%A,cs];
		string graph_path$=%[%A,>cs]; //remove the root folder name from path
		//type "the graph path is:"+graph_path$;
		//type "graph title is:"+%H;
		string path$=proj_path$+"/graphs/"+graph_Path$; //Concatenate above strings to create export folder path 
		expGraph type:=jpg filename:="<long name>" path:=path$ theme:=<Original> tr.Margin:=2;
	};
}

All the "type" commands were used for debugging the code, so I kept them.

N.B. the code work but it take quite a lot, so, if you have lots of folders/graphs, maybe is better to un-comment a "type" line.

Jacopo Remondina,
Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  2:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jacorem,

Thanks very much your reply. However I got command error not sure if you see that when you run. Seems there is a duplicated slash when define path$, and delete the slash after "graph" and replace "/" with "\" makes it work for me.

string root_folder$;
//type root_folder$;
//cs=;
{
	if(page.IsEmbedded==0&&exist(%H)!=11)  //Skip over any embedded graphs or Layout windows
	{
		window -a %H;	
		string graph_fullPath$;
		%A=graph_fullPath$;
		string path$=proj_path$+"/graphs"+graph_Path$; //Concatenate above strings to create export folder;
		path.Replace("/","\");
		expGraph type:=jpg filename:="<long name>" path:=path$ theme:=<Original> tr.Margin:=2;
	};
}

The graphs are all exported under "graphs" folder which is user defined string in the code. Otherwise in order to name export folder after project name, just modify the concatenate code as following, and could also comment the above rows where to delete project name from graph_fullPath$.

string path$=proj_path$+graph_fullPath$;

Nice work overall! Thanks again.

quote:
Originally posted by jacorem

I modify a bit Meili code to produce what I need, and this is the final result:
string root_folder$;
//type root_folder$;
//cs=;
{
	{
		window -a %H;	
		string graph_fullPath$;
		%A=graph_fullPath$;
		string path$=proj_path$+"/graphs/"+graph_Path$; //Concatenate above strings to create export folder path 
	};
}

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000