The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Probability density function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Silent observer

China
1 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  08:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have a huge data for solid velocity against time. The data is random and it has no sequence. I want to draw a probability deistribution function graph for this data and then compare the graph with gaussian curve. How can i do this task using Origin.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  10:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Silent Observer,

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but let me bet...

1) First create a Histogram from your data.
2) Open the Plot Details dialog, and open the "Data" tab.
3) In the "Bin Worksheet" setting group, check the "Add Distribution Curves" check box, and press "Go" button.
4) Now, you plot both "Normal" dataset and "Kernel Smooth" dataset.

Here, Kernel Smooth is calculated by: "ksdensity(x, vX, w)" function:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/ksdensity-func

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

P.S. Sorry, maybe you simply want to overlay the normal curve on the histogram. If so, you can just
choose "Normal" in the Distribution Curve option in Data tab in Plot Details of the histogram.

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 05/31/2016 11:04:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000