The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 fitting curve
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kateri

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2016 :  10:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey there! I'm new here. I'm working the first time with Origin Lab 9.1. I want to fit some curves, to a function with will describe the
Measurement results the best way. The results describe an pump measurement. I add a picture of them. Could you tell me how to fit it the best way? And how to to it at all? Thank you very much in advance!

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2016 :  12:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kateri,

Origin 9.1 has already equipped with "Quick Fit" gadget, so, you can try it ("Gadget: Quick Fit" menu) with, say Quadratic function.
With this gadget, you can even perform fitting for all curves by choosing "New Output for All Layers" flyout.

Does this work in your situation?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Kateri

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2016 :  05:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Hideo Fujii, thank you for answering. For some curves it fits quite well. But how do I save it, in my case it just turns yellow and I don't know how to save it. Can I get some data like with a polinomiell fit (like standard deviation etc.)? I attached a curve. There it fits not that good and you can see the yellow thing I mentioned.
Thanks again in advance!!
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2016 :  11:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kateri,

It seems that the fitted curve becomes visually acceptably good when the polynomial order is 4 or more.
(Press the triangle button at the top right corner of yellow ROI box, and choose "Change Function" flyout.)

Please choose "New Output" flyout, then you can keep the fitted curve even after closing the ROI box.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Kateri

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  03:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much! it works.

Edited by - Kateri on 05/27/2016 03:43:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kateri

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  05:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much! it works.

There are coming up new questions. Maybe you can help me with them as well. Now I want to know the intersection of thoase two curves. How do I get it? Are there different ways?
Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Kateri

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  08:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey there, I made it. But now I'm trying to find the maximum of the curve. With the curve fittimg tool it isn't working that well. Has anyone an other idea?
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000