The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 graph export size shrink in origin 9.2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jachoke

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  1:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, can anyone please advise me how can I retain my graph size during the graph export?

See the picture below, the top right is by selecting "keep size", top left is by selecting the "set resolution", and the bottom is how it suppose to look like.

I have tried to follow the previous thread, but did not work for me.

PS. I am using the version 9.2, and did not change any setting since installed, as this problem exist from the day 1 already.

Many thanks!

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  07:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I am afraid that the image your upload in this forum is too small to see the detail setting in the dialog.

If I do not misunderstand your question, you want to export the graph following the previous setting, but the graph size is not the same the previous exported graph.

1. Do you export the same graph?
2. Could you show us clearly about the setting in the Export dialog, and the size of previous exported graph?

Also, I suggest you click the "Send File to Tech support" (on the right-top of this page) to send us your project file and the previous exported graph. Then we can try to reproduce your question.
If you send the files to us, please send us your detailed version and serial number information. You can check it by selecting “Help: About Origin” in the menu.
And add this forum link in the Email.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

Edited by - JacquelineHe on 05/30/2016 07:32:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

jachoke

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  10:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JacquelineHe, Thanks for replying this.

I do not think there is anything wrong with the project file. As I have two computer, when I opened from another one, the problem of size shrinking does not exist. But for my newly bought laptop with the University-licensed origin installed, such a problem appear.

So I do not know whether it is necessary to send you the file.
And I wonder what kind of settings will result in this situation. Also I noticed, when I using the statistic on columns to draw the box chart, the preview of the box charts also shows signs of shrinking, and I also have problem when I copy and pasted into the microsoft office, all the image all appeared cropped.

Anyway, it does not matter what files I opened, but when I export the file format in "eps", it all resulting shrinking pictures like this.

Regarding the poor resolution of photo uploaded, is due to the size limit of your upload system. I have tried to attach another one, and it does not matter which file I opened, as long as it is opened from my newly installed origin.

Cheers,
Jacob

Edited by - jachoke on 05/30/2016 11:14:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  05:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jacob,

I am afraid we still can not reproduce this issue.
Could you show us more information?

1. In your first post, what image type do you export? EPS?
If you export vector image (for example:EPS, AI), "Preview" section will just show the "Whole" image, even set to a large size.

2. Is it the newly laptop is remote desktop to use Origin in other machine? If DPI is different between local and remote machine, exporting graph as vector format will be wrongly cropped.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

Edited by - JacquelineHe on 05/31/2016 05:19:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

jachoke

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  05:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for the attempt!

I think I have somehow resolved it.

The method you recommend does not work, but after many try and error, I managed to find the reason, I think it is related to the display setting in the windows, Display settings-advanced settings-advanced sizing of text and other items-change size of item-set a custom sizing level to 100%.

It was 150%, because my laptop has a 13 inch screen, so I changed the setting long time ago for better viewing, while every application all behave ordinary, but it turns out affect the Origin quite seriously. especially when I try to export the EPS file (bmp, tiff are all fine), and copy and paste the origin object to windows office.

Hope this information is helpful, and can be resolved.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000