The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Polar coordinate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

LisaW

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  02:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'd like to plot a contours figure under polar coordinates, like the pole figure usually in x-ray diffraction field.

There is always a error report poped out. Is there anybody know how to deal with it?

In addition, I think we already get the right data, but this polar figure is different from the figure shown by our XRD software. Do I need process data before drawing?

Pleas help me!!

Han Wang

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  06:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

We have received your email with your file.

The “Pole figure” you mentioned in the forum is the same as this wiki page, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_figure
But we are not sure that is the same the Polar Graph created in Origin.
Could you show us a sample graph for it? Or tell us more detial about this graph type.

And this polar graph is different from the figure shown by your XRD software, right?
Could you show us the graph in your XRD software?

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

LisaW

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  9:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I uploaded the pole figure look like in XRD software. The data has three part: Psi, Phi and Intensity.
That software could only show the figure, but could not expert the figure out directly.

We are very appreciate your help.

Han Wabg

Han Wang
Go to Top of Page

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  06:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Han Wang,

I am afraid that Origin does not support the pole figure as the graph you upload currently.
I am sorry to unable to provide help to you.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000