The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 problem with masking data points
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jkbenzene

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  2:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2016 b9.3.226
Operating System: Windows 8.1

I have been having trouble masking data points on some data sets when analyzing the data using gadgets. I thought that masking data points would exclude masked data points from the gadget operations. On some gadgets, Origin seems to exclude data the way I expect. However, on the linear quick fit gadget, the masked data is not excluded correctly. I have attached some images which show this behavior (masked points in green).

Any advice? Thanks.

Edited by - jkbenzene on 06/01/2016 3:00:59 PM

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  05:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi jkbenzene,

It seems a bug. We have a JIRA of a similar problem.

https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-14810

Could you please send your data to us so we can try to fix the problem? You can send the data to tech@originlab.com.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

Edited by - AmandaLu on 06/02/2016 05:32:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

jkbenzene

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  12:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, I will send the data. I haven't pinpointed all of the gadgets that this bug seems to effect. It at least impacts the Quick Fit and Statistics gadgets.

quote:
Originally posted by AmandaLu

Hi jkbenzene,

It seems a bug. We have a JIRA of a similar problem.

https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-14810

Could you please send your data to us so we can try to fix the problem? You can send the data to tech@originlab.com.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000