The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Rotating a polar plot - 3D from 2D
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dnvwyatt

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2003 :  2:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to bug you with a newbie question, but I am evaluating a copy of Origin, and I need to make sure it can do some relatively simple things.

First of all I have polar plot data. Maybe 120 theta and R values. Origin plots this well enough. Now, though, I want to take that data and rotate it about the primary axis (0-180) to create a surface plot. I presume this is possible, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. Like taking data points for the cross section of a bottle, than rotating it so I got the full bottle, if that makes sense.

Can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks!

David

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  12:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi David,

Such a feature is not built-in, but one could program Origin to generate the surface. All surface and other 3D plots such as contour etc. in Origin are based on data being in a matrix window. So the program could generate a matrix by rotating the 2D line data from the worksheet. One point to note is that the matrix window supports only one z value per x-y pair.

Easwar
OriginLab.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000