The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Missing data PDF export
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tib

Switzerland
105 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  08:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi all,

is there a way to put an object behind data in a 2D contour plot?
You can do it with the grid on top of data, but a general object, e.g. a shaded rectangle?

I tried the edit toolbar, two layers, etc...

The orginal reason why I want to do this is the following:
I have a matrix with some missing data. If displayed in a greyscale plot I cannot use a grey color for missing data, instead I want to shade this area. In general it is possible to define the color and pattern for missing data, but when I export the 2D graph as PDF, the size of the PDF file suddenly increases from ~20kB to ~400kB. However, when I create a 2D plot from an empty matrix the full graph is shaded an the PDF is only ~20kB. Why is the size inreasing when only part of the data is missing? Something wrong with my template?
Any ideas?
Tilman.

Sorry,
I simply overlooked the Back(data) button in the Tool bar.
But the second thing with the PDF export I still do not understand...
But anyway it works now with a shaded rectangle behind the data. And the PDF is as small enough.

Edited by - tib on 02/20/2003 08:56:47 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000