The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Shade between Lines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Cnb

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2016 :  08:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): b9.2.272
Operating System: Windows
Hi,
I want to shade the area between the red and green lines on the attached graph. The lines are just series of XY coordinates from two different worksheets. The shaded area between the two lines will be shown on top of the contour plot and I want the part inside the red line to remain unfilled and the contours to be visible within it. Can you advise how to only shade between the two lines or is this not possible? If I choose to "fill area under curve" the entire shapes can be filled by choosing "Inclusive broken by missing values" but nothing will fill if I choose "fill to next data plot" no matter what order I place the lines in.

Thanks,
Scotthttp://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/AreaPlots.pdf

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2016 :  3:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Scott,

Your case is a bit tricky as the area you want to fill a color has topologically a donuts shape instead of a circle shape.
Though in the later case, you can simply make a single enclosing border, in your case, you have to divide the area
into two parts, and fill the same color in both of them - setting the "Fill Area Under Curve" to "Inclusive Broken by
missing Values".

Please see a sample below.

There might be smarter way. I hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 06/20/2016 3:42:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cnb

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2016 :  5:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hideo,

Thanks that helps a lot. A nice simple solution- I'm not sure why I didn't think of it!

Cheers,

Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000